Digitalisation in healthcare is expected to improve a broad range of outcomes, from the prevention and treatment of disease to nursing care.
“Our investment in the SELangkah system and the app shows our initiative towards going digital,” said Tengku Iesta Tengku Alaudin, Group Senior General Manager, Marketing & Communications and Chief Operating Officer of Selgate Healthcare.
SELangkah, initially rolled out for contact tracing, has been upgraded regularly, and the SELangkah mobile app was launched in February 2021.
“Through the SELangkah app, we have continuously expanded beyond the realm of contact tracing to improve the livelihood of its users.”
The app now includes various features for both health and commercial – to help the public navigate their way through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Some of the health features include:
- Multi-Scanner enables users to scan either SELangkah or MySejahtera QR Code.
- GPS check-ins, an alternative to QR code scanning, where users can check-in using their mobile phones’ GPS function instead.
- The Bubble function allows users to check-in for themselves and their companions simultaneously as a group.
- AI-powered Forecasting Map (AfMAP), an updated feature that offers users an improved eagle-eye view of their surrounding risks and future prediction of emerging clusters
- Scan History, for easy reference, users can view a list of premises where they had checked in previously. This feature can also regenerate MySejahtera scan receipts.
Among other features available in SELangkah are Selcare pharmacy, Sehat – for mental health screening, etc.
Meanwhile, SELangkah is integrated with a new and unique set of features for the commercial area to assist those affected by the pandemic-hit economy. Features include SELangkah Biz, SELangkah e-Wallet and SELangkah Pay.
Selgate Healthcare also has an online platform for Selcare pharmacy, medical supplies, and home nursing and physio services.
“And soon we will be introducing new functions for doctor and dentist appointment bookings. With digital technology, we can have good and efficient appointments and reduce waiting time.” — The Health